Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home, work (NEXON) and basketball

OK I got my internet/cable-tv/VOIP phone. The cable guy came over on the 9th and he installed. Luckily he could speak Japanese (because he stayed there for a year) and so we conversed in Japanese.

Anyway here is my address (Sep-Nov 2009):

S. Korea, Seoul 943-24, Kangnam-ku, Daechi-dong, Shinan Metrokhan Officetel, #20-01

VOIP Telephone:
070-8129-7846, or
(+82)70-8129-7846
from Singapore. VOIP meaning its internet so its cheap for me, and then it might be turned off when I'm not at home.

Vincent is going to be attached to NEOPLE (a subsidiary of NEXON group), and I'm going to NEXON, devcat studio. I just signed a confidential form, so I can only say I'm working on a game similar to mabinogi, which is released in NA, EU, KR, JP, CH. (http://mabinogi.nexon.net/) My mentor is Jaesuk Gim, who can speak very little English. Vincent's mentor is James, studied in Canada. dammit.

My work is supposedly from 8am - 5pm. I will see whether I get any OT... (T-T)

We have Korean evening language classes after work Tues/Thurs, and then alternate with Tues/Fri. So that means every Tues with alternating Thurs-Fri, Thurs-Fri. Looks like we are going to be busy.

Then on our fortnightly free Thurs, we have basketball sessions. LOL. We were kinda automatically signed up for bball given that Vincent is 1.98m (I have heard qns about his height 20x times since day 1)... not that I mind, I'd like to meet as many colleagues as possible.

NEXON team plays full-court 5v5 against some "BBS" players who outnumber us 2:1. So we are pretty shacked. Anyway they are all quite tall... dammit I seem to be the weakest. The basketball guys were quite colorful, especially the few that had dinner with us.

Y.K. (An?), HR.
Park Star, web design.
Ogre, Talesweaver, Korea #1 hacker + hiphop rapper + composer + middle-school shotput champ.
Jason, Counterstrike Online #1 champion.

Ogre is like wy resized to 1.88m height, 120kg, gold earrings on one ear, negro hiphop style, transition-sports-glasses and when we went for dinner, he was like:
ogre: "Do you like kimchi?"
me: "Erm.... not bad. We ate it everyday... so we were kinda sick of it."
ogre: "You mean you fucking hate kimchi."
me: "Erm... ooh. Erm... yeah."
vincent: "(whisper) ...I like his style... he's cool."

LOL. He eats 4 burgers, 4 cokes for a meal, and wears cargo pants and jackets with 20 pockets so he can store sandwiches, burgers and coke cans. He is a walking vending machine. I likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment